Friday, March 20, 2009

spring is come, the grass is riz....unless there are big trucks driving around your house.

lambing time. Wow, I read a few blogs today.....this is my day off. We usually do something together on Friday's, but my hubby is working today. So I actually have a computer to use.
Congratulations to all those lucky shepherds with new lambs. And congratulations to those with new goat babies too. All spring babies are fun.
I enjoyed the picture of the old house posted by my northern friend Karen, and the trip to the antiques shop posted by my older friend, Pat. Older in time of friendship that is.
We had shingles delivered yesterday on top of our old house in Arkansas. The local newspaper even published a photo and story of us. Slow day in the news....or everyone is shocked we bought the old place.
Anyway, since we have dial up it takes too long to comment on blogs, and I just wanted to say it is exciting to see photos of all the new babies, and things you are all doing. Mostly, I am driving to keep an eye on the work being done....and rake a few feet of leaves, nuts and branches. This may take me all summer.
I am aware of three little ewes out in my pasture sporting little udders. Still waiting to see what mr Peanut has accomplished.
I got photos of some more lovely spotted lambs from Denise, in Kansas. Congratulations all.

3 Comments:

At 6:50 AM, Blogger Allena said...

Where is the picture of the house posted? I want to see it!

Totter, raspberry have also lambed. One loudly spotted girl, and a set of twins from Totter. One looks like caramel, maybe a modified?

We named them Buttered Rum and Smirnoff.

Your girls are all doing great!

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Alaska Shetland Shepherd said...

YAY! I can't wait!! Woohoo! Augustine is going to give birth to Redoubt you know. Redoubt blew up last night, just a little ash in the air but not here, not expected from the air movement at this time. Us farmers are hoping for some ash tho, it tends to double the hay crop and after last year's dismal haying season, we'll need all the help we can get - especially since it's free!

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Pat Dolan said...

Glad you liked vicariously antiquing with me last week. I enjoy your tales, too. Still waiting for a photo of the Arkansas house...

Your "old" friend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home