Monday, January 26, 2009

flippin'ice

Alright, either I'm not supposed to use the word flipping....or the word victorian...I haven't found out which. Now, I will admit that blogger has been very good to me so far. I have had a nice place to talk about sheep...to show pictures of sheep....to even sell a few sheep.
So I suppose I should stop saying bad things about their nice computer program that called me "spam".
Tonight we are enjoying southern missouri winter weather. It is already too slippery to walk ourside in the dark....that means the big dogs will have to find their way to the barn, and hide out with the sheep. I expect the ewes will retire to the barn, which is knee deep in fresh hay. The ram lambs are likely too dumb to retire to their covered shelter....and will stay under the trees and be covered with ice and sleet by the next time I slide out to see them. One of the unfortunate parts of sending all our older rams elsewhere...was that the young ones don't come equiped with experience. We have been wondering if they even know they are supposed to EAT the hay in their pen. We don't see them anywhere near the hay bales....oh well.
So from the southern hills of the ozarks, I am saying hi....mostly because I have no idea if I will have power by tomorrow. So....HI!
I hope the rest of you shepherds and sheepies ( the ones who have computers and read blogs) are escaping the predicted winter storm...or on on the rain or snow side of it....I'm afraid, right now....we are in the middle.
Peeps

1 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, Blogger Pat Dolan said...

We've been thinking about you...and wondering if you were together in MO or if one of you was in AR. Looks like you're together, which is nice in nasty weather.

Take care!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home