Friday, May 04, 2007

wet




When is a little rain a lot of water?


When you live in a valley, I guess. These were taken yesterday, before the latest round of inches. The girls are really unhappy....the grass is running water....the pastures are running water....the lambs are all wet. They were supposed to be across the creek yeaterday....right now, I couldn't even expect the lambs to jump through the water coming out of the dam.


My new posts I dug into the creek bed seem to be still there....fortunately the fencing hadn't happened yet...or they would be down....some of them are leaning. Yesterday morning I was out in the creek with boots and a shovel making piles of gravel and creating wing dams around my posts. Those wre covered up before afternoon....and over night we had more rain. It finally has started to drop a few inches....I guess I can wait until Monday to buy the fence....I won't be in that water for a couple of days. Well, at least the ewes and lambs weren't across the creek when the water went up.

2 Comments:

At 4:10 AM, Blogger Nancy K. said...

Oh, good Lord, Mary Ellen! Well, at least you'll have green grass when it dries up...

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Pat Dolan said...

Sinkin' Creek Valley indeed! It's amazing how quickly flooding happens when there are hills and mountains nearby. Glad you are all OK and pray you don't get any MORE of that drenching rain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home