Monday, July 14, 2008

Summer + Vacation ='s Work!


Summer vacation....ie: a time to do the things you haven't found time to do yet in the first 6 months of the year.

Yes, I'm afraid it's true. My marbles did slide down the mountain. It was bound to happen eventually. It runs in my family.
After our lovely time traveling with sheep, I started out by myself last week. My goals, still the same.....come home to fewer sheep. So I set out happily to do some family time in Wisconsin, and deliver sheep at the same time. I am happy to report that my family time went pretty well. However, missing some marbles.....I failed to check for important parts on all the rams.....ARGH!!!!
Always do that before you leave home!
Secondly, I found good homes for two twin rams.....but....they looked similar.....missing my marbles.....I unloaded the rams at the wrong farms. Go figure.....?
It will be OK. Those guys in the white suits can't find me out here in the woods.....and I'll figure out how to make up for my mistakes before winter.

Do you hear the beach calling my name?

I did get to visit with family.
I did get to put in the basement windows we didn't get in last fall....We also enjoyed mother-daughter time standing on two long ladders waving in the 30 mile an hour winds.....during the heat wave of 95 degrees with humidity in the 70's.....just before the storms. We were wearing complete matching mother-daughter outfits of long sleeved sweatshirts and hoods to fool the wasps, who were being displaced by our vinyl siding. To make the three days of family time complete, we got to put in two dozen pavers weighing 34 pounds each.
Isn't summer vacation fun?
I do have to recommend the upper Mississippi river for a beautiful sight. I am always surprised at how lovely the river is along the Wisconsin border. If you haven't seeen it. Put it on your list.
I still haven't figured out how to load photos...but the fax works good.
We still have little girls....who, by fall, will be boy-crazy. This is Diamond. They all have a spotted sire, thay all look similar to Diamond....the dark ones may be showing modified tendencies. Actually, The only one who looks non-modified....is Sunshine, who is dark moorit.
A few of you may have room for a little girl yet. Some of you don't.
If you do....have-I-got-a-deal-for-you....!....?

1 Comments:

At 11:51 PM, Blogger Alaska Shetland Shepherd said...

whadya doin up so late girl? Gee, ya'd think you'd just been on a vacation or sumthin!! Marbles? Who's got marbles anymore....

and the beach. Now why would anyone want to live on the beach...or vacation on the beach. Remember the cold fogs that roll in? How about high waves from a storm out at sea? How about wind and clouds?? Blowing sand? Having to wear a hooded sweatshirt instead of shorts and a tank top sunning...

nah, ya don't need no beach...

let's talk room service...
a lodge on a hill with a cozy fireplace and bar and restaurant with good food.....
a view of Mt. McKinley on a nice day, a cozy fireplace and a good book on a cloudy day.....
a spa for a good massage and a sauna or pool depending on the mood....
a guided tour ride in a horse drawn wagon...
a fishing pole and some bait...
all of which is done in a simple shirt and jeans and tennis shoes...

now that might be heaven!

oh, and it's only a 2 1/2 hour drive north of here too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home