Thursday, April 24, 2008

yes, I still see sheep.
















For those folks who think I may be sold down and out. I still see sheep out there.

Lots of bouncy lambs.

I was going to say lots of small pretty ewes.
Yes, folks...for your information....shetland ewes are supposed to be a smaller sheep. That is their breed.
I didn't get into shetlands so that I could raise meat sheep.
Boy, you should have seen the stuff I had to erase!

I have this year, arrived at what I believe is the best yuglet flecket lamb. Lovely little spotties with varied spots and milti-colors. I see these lambs already playing with others of their own image. How do they know? I don't have mirrors in the barn. I am very impressed with these last remnants of my breeding program. I have always loved spots....and I love the variety caused by different rams and different ewes. How exciting. If you can't spin something wonderful from a flecket...you don't know how to spin.
If you haven't had a flecket born...you haven't lived.
Order of photos....Santa....big white spot ram lamb.....how adorable is that!
Pair of highly varied yuglet fleckets....were nose to nose before I snapped the picture.
Dang!
Waltz and her first twins...a big white spot and his sister. Ho hum. How ever did that plain moorit ewe manage to produce those lambs? He hehe, trade secret.
Hay ground...covered with sheep.





4 Comments:

At 6:59 AM, Blogger Rayna said...

That's good, I like smaller...not 100lbs or so like my one ewe is lol. Those fleckets are GORGEOUS!!! :) The black/white flecket is a gorgeous pattern!

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I agree with Rayna. Fleckets are gorgeous. Each one is so different and I love spinning flecket fleece. Big blobs of color, BEEEYYOOOTEEEFUL. Please God, send me fleckets this year. The only one I had last year was a ram. Of course, I kept him.

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

That Santa looks like he got to close to the ink pot! VERY cute.

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Alaska Shetland Shepherd said...

Peeps, Santa has EXCELLENT wool on his poll...really now, does Santa need to live in Alaska?? At least here he'd be CLOSE to the North Pole! HA! Waltz's twin look like they'll have great horns...look how wide set they are on their skulls...pretty darned good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home