Sunday, April 01, 2007

springtime







Yes, I see it is April....I wonder where March went?



Well, yes, as a matter of fact we do now have some lambs running races in the pasture. We have had some rains, so there actually IS a pasture.



Even an experienced shepherd cannot produce lambs from every pregnant ewe. Sorry, if you have never had a problem ....thank your kind sheepy spirits. Numbers over our farm...now ranch....lifetime are in the three hundred and ninety something. OK there are some shepherds who have registered more than that number....but I want you to know, you can lose some....and still life goes on.



We have had lambs born from three of our rams so far....there are a couple of pens I have roly-poly fuzzy watermelons walking around posing as ewes....but no lambs yet.



Lambs can be so different...and yet they can look so much alike. I depend on the spots in my flock to know which lamb belongs to who.

1 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

And plenty of spots you have to guide you! Those two in the middle photo are striking, but all are flashy. Congratulations!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home