Friday, January 26, 2007

Minwawe Pan 4-18-2002 to 1-26-2006


Farewell to our Pan, a handsome and gentle ram. Born in Wisconsin at Memengwa Hill, Pan came to Missouri and became head ram at Meadowwoods. He was our first black and white spotted ram. He was always stunning, and lived in the head ram pen by the road. His horns were different and he passed this trait of forward curving horns to many of his ram lambs.
I'm too distressed to write the glowing descriptions of Pan's many off-spring.
I'm sorry.
He was one of a kind.
There will never be another ram so amazing and calm.
We are hoping there will be a Pan-too among his spring lambs.
But he will never be replaced in memory.
His sad shepherd,
Bopeep

4 Comments:

At 7:56 AM, Blogger Nancy K. said...

oh, Mary Ellen ~ I'm so sorry! I know his legacy will live on for many years in his offspring and theirs....

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Juliann said...

Peeps, I am so sorry at your loss of Pan! He was a magnificent, handsome ram and I know he was loved and cherished.
I believe that animals have souls, and that we will see them again someday. They are as innocent as babies and incapable of sin.

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

My sympathies to you on the loss of your wonderful Pan. Do share with us, when you can, his offspring's wonderful qualities, and what happened to him.

 
At 5:17 AM, Blogger Becky Utecht said...

I'm so sorry to hear of Pan's passing Mary Ellen. I love his horns and I'm hoping Donder's will turn out to be half as impressive. Please do take care of yourself while you're dealing with this loss and here's hoping he's sired some fabulous lambs for you this spring.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home