Saturday, March 26, 2011

oh where oh where

OK, not enough room for a long title. Anyway, spring has left. Ask my ewes. They say it was mid-80's and then I sheared them. Now they are wet and frozen. It's all my fault. Some are also very fat.....like Buttons. Yes, she is still fat.....a false alarm. She hung around while I was shearing until it was her turn.....then she fought me for the entire experience. "Like, what is this rope on my nose? I am head sheep....you can't tie me to a fence!!!!" "I'll break your leg....I'll jump over the fence....I'll get even." And she was so fat that I couldn't hold her against the fence. I'm down to two ewes and two rams.....I'm not excited about the ram part. My little guy has lethal horns. That is, they are life a corkscrew on both sides....for really big wine bottles! It will take two to hold him and shear him...and this weekend he is wet.
I was at the Arkansas houses for a few days. I planned to water the onions, but yesterday I woke to find pools of water and waves of sleet sitting on top of my newly planted annuals. So I left....I was not going to look out the windows all day and watch the flowers get frozen. The furnace turned on! I'm sure in a week or two the big flower store will get some flowers from somewhere south....where flowers come from.

2 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, Blogger Alaska Shetland Shepherd said...

Good reading on a nice evening, thank you for posting!

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Gail V said...

Well Ms Peeps
so good to read your words again.
I hope your lambs come easily and that spring is a great joy.

take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home