Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What's new ?

Glad you asked.
Good thing I can write, because I am still speechless.
About a month ago, I took our adopted cat Midnight to the vets. She spent the winter living in the two story Victorian, and in February, she broke a window and went outside. We found her the next day with her little cat friends. She told me it was an emergency.
I've heard the same excuse from my ewes!
I wanted the vet to make sure Midnight looked healthy and ready to have kittens naturally. An odd request, but the last time we adopted a stray pregnant cat she had a C-section.
About three days later, I found a skinny Midnight, a wet chaise lounge, but no kittens. Oh, I know cats like to hide their kittens. This was the second pregnancy for Midnight, since we met....and I just thought she was exhibiting feral cat behavior. Bad cat....not the motherly type. I looked and looked. I looked under furniture. In open closets. Under the covers on the beds. No little rat-type kittens. I was sad. Midnight still got fed and cared for regularly. It wasn't her fault. But true caregiver style...I blamed myself. I should have been there. Poor kittens!
It has been about a month, and today we both arrived at the big house to finish cutting the lawn. I came in the front door. My husband was sitting at the dining room table on the phone. Midnight had already been fed her special envelope of wet cat food. There she was under the table by my husband's feet. Next to Midnight was a tiny black kitten with it's tail straight up in the air.
Again, Speechless....I pointed under the table. As I stood there, with my mouth babbling nothing, My husband thought. "It must be a snake, or a big spider" Then he looked down and saw the kitten. "How did you get in here?" My mind had made a connection between black Midnight cat and tiny black kitten. But my husband, sure there were no kittens from Midnight, thought there must be a door open for the small cat to get into our house.
I crawled under the table, and lifted the skirt on the dining chairs. One after another little kittens peered back at me. Three kittens....no....four kittens! Where did she hide them? I had turned over the furniture. Crawled under the beds. Looked behind doors. Midnight kept those kittens hidden until they had their eyes open, and were crawling around . I am still speechless. I do owe Midnight some praises. I should have not thought the worst of her. She has a lovely temperment. She loves to crawl up on the bed at night to cuddle.
I take it all back....she IS a good mother cat. I should have had her fixed before February. But I didn't know she would break-glass-in-case-of-emergency. I'm really glad she finally let me meet her kittens.
One is black, one black brown and white tortie, one grey beige and white tortie, and one little black and white. I'll have to spend more time getting them socialized now...before they are totally grown. Good thing I'm a cat person.
Wow...What a surprise!

33 Comments:

At 12:45 AM, Blogger RupertF有南 said...

一個人的價值,應該看他貢獻了什麼,而不是他取得了什麼 ..................................................

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Gail V said...

Wow Peeps, you have readers who post in Chinese! I am just glad to read your writing again, and loved the story of the cat who had to break the glass-- because it was an emergency!

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger 柏廷柏廷 said...

免費日本成人 聊天視訊網 聊天室 免費線上影片觀賞 熟女交友網 台灣a片女優 性感制服美女 免費卡通影片線上看 自拍偷拍貼圖區 ut彰化人聊天室 可愛 情趣用品店 s18x美女 美少女 383 影城 收看免費a片 情色影片試看 台灣色情影片 屏東一夜情聊天室 live視訊 完美女人 電玩美少女瑤瑤走光 美女寫真網 a片辣妹貼 溫泉人妻凌辱 歐美熟女色情影片 護士 巨乳空姐bbs 9012103免費a圖庫 性感美女寫真集 85cc免費影片觀看8 微風色論壇 嘟嘟^成人網 www.xo77777.com/ 色性貼圖 援交桃園 免費成人影片 鋼管辣妹 免費看av做愛 洪爺 台灣大奶正妹 mmsex.info 下載成人電影 巨乳人妻卡通 同性戀性愛情小說 後宮a片區 限制級圖文 0204成人自拍貼圖 性愛片下載 本土走光照片

 
At 1:48 AM, Blogger Angela Rountree said...

Peeps,
it is so good to read your posts again. I, too, don't "get" the Facebook or Farmville craze and I got quite a chuckle out of your "break glass in case of emergency" cat.

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger 子名子名 said...

你要保守你的心,勝過保守一切,因為一生的果效是由心發出 ..................................................

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger corinne said...

What a wonderful surprise! I am glad that the little family is safe and well : ).

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger 王周宏儒 said...

Better be the head of a dog than the tail of a lion...................................................

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger 育淑 said...

世間是非,要如水泥地般水過則乾。................................................................

 
At 2:16 AM, Blogger 則義 said...

當一個人內心能容納兩樣相互衝突的東西,這個人便開始變得有價值了。..................................................................

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger 俊源 said...

Pay somebody back in his own coin.................................................................

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger 陳芳 said...

死亡是悲哀的,但活得不快樂更悲哀。......................................................................

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Pat's Place said...

Love this story - did you find a home for everyone? Your home, per chance?
There's nothing quite like a cat woman...
:-D

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger 信豪信豪 said...

一定要保持最佳狀況呦,加油!!!期待你發表的新文章!....................................................................

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger 郁雯郁雯 said...

人生是故事的創造與遺忘。............................................................

 
At 2:20 AM, Blogger 冠宏 said...

Unable to give you a heart. so have a reply to push up your post.
..................................................................

 
At 5:00 AM, Blogger 江冠彭珮李佳宏陽筠 said...

Some people cannot see the wood for the trees.............................................................

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger 新順 said...

一個人就像一個分數,他的實際才能是分子,他對自己的評價是分母。分母越大,則分數的價值越小。..................................................

 
At 1:24 AM, Blogger Alaska Shetland Shepherd said...

Peeps! Email me! go to my webpage for Silveraurora...I've lost your addy too! :-)

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger 陳佑發 said...

人若賺得全世界,賠上自己的靈魂,有什麼益處?.......................................................

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger 洪瑋婷洪瑋婷 said...

所有的東西經分享後,就更為壯大。.......................................................

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger 淑娟淑娟淑娟 said...

當最困難的時候,也就是離成功不遠的時候。..................................................

 
At 4:44 AM, Blogger 趙喜柯凡豐妤 said...

Look before you leap.................................................

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger 于劉辰原蔡毓 said...

你不能改變容貌~~但你可以展現笑容.................................................................

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger 陳筱黃世谷婷 said...

休息是為了走更長遠的路,爬個文章休息一下!!..................................................................

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger 凱許倫 said...

世間事沒有一樣沒有困難,只要有信心去做,至少可以做出一些成績。..................................................

 
At 1:46 AM, Blogger 黃子黃麗旺軒 said...

不能記住往事的,人注定要重蹈覆轍。......................................................

 
At 5:08 AM, Blogger 怡潔 said...

當一個人內心能容納兩樣相互衝突的東西,這個人便開始變得有價值了。............................................................

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger 佳張張張張燕張張張張張 said...

活是一種鍛鍊靈魂的東西..................................................................

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger 孟謝謝謝凱謝謝謝謝 said...

融會貫通的智慧,永遠不會被遺忘。..................................................

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger 群育航學 said...

文章是心情的反應~~祝妳天天寫的都是讓人開心的好文章哦!!...............................................................

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger 孫邦柔 said...

所有的資產,在不被諒解時,都成了負債............................. ....................................

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger fdsaf said...

幸福不是一切,人還有責任。............................................................

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger gfjj said...

http://www.akasakacopy.com/ ブランドコピー
http://www.akasakacopy.com/LOUISVUITTON.htm ルイヴィトンスーパーコピー
http://www.akasakacopy.com/エルメスコピー.htm エルメスコピー
http://www.akasakacopy.com/gucci-man-1.htm グッチコピー

 

Post a Comment

<< Home