Monday, May 24, 2010

oh help !

Can you believe it? It is almost June....That's the middle of the year. It must be time to buy Christmas gifts!
We almost had a dry summer here. But the last month has dropped rains on us. Lots. Not bad floods, but the place is lush....humid....warm...green .....and tall.
Tall as in everything is taller than the cats...than the sheep....than one of the dogs, and I don't want to walk anywhere besided the cut grass and the road. It's hard to walk the road this year with the dogs. We have some new folks who like to use 4 wheelers. And they want to let their dogs race behind them. That is a real irritation to our two dogs, who think they own this part of the world. You try holding a great pyr on a leash while a dog runs by five feet away. Lucky I didn't get killed.
The other reason I don't like walking in long grass is I can't see the ground crawlies. I don't mean earthworms. I mean copperheads. They love this time of year. Last year we saw our first rattlesnake.....I really really don't want to step on one of those.
On the subject of old houses.....long pause......deep breath.....shake of the head. They are too much work. Houses in town...even nice little towns have a drawback to living in the middle of the woods. Yes, in the middle of the night....especially if we are spending a night alone out here....it is way too far out in the woods. There is something to be said for neighbors. Unfortunately, my neighbors, were wonderful neighbors to me. But not very nice to each other. One of those co-dependant relationships....with a vengence. After having to call for uniformed help, I have made a command decision and made an offer on that house too. Yes....I am totally crazy. But that seemed like the only solution that gave me control. I'll let you know if I get to close on that house.
The other problem with living in town is we have to cut the grass....a lot of grass. Well, actually, most of the yard is weeds and vines. Someone should plant some grass seed. Oops, that would be me. I have enjoyed the flowers that have bloomed so far, but I haven't had time to work on a lawn. Right now, I am not living there at all, because the water hasn't been turned on again. Some one of these months I'll have time to do that.
Sorry about your computer trouble, we had that happen too. And, if I haven't written to you lately, it's because all my email addresses went out with a lightening strike to the mother-board. whatever that is.
Later!

1 Comments:

At 7:57 PM, Blogger Pat Dolan said...

Did you actually buy the house next door? Did the people move out at long last? Did they stay away?

Time for another phone conversation, I guess!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home