Thursday, August 16, 2007

too hot

I'm sorry, I left you in the middle of a second to third grade crisis....but it has been too hot. Too hot to write....too hot to move. The sheep have been taking it really well....that menas I haven't figured out who is going to collapse from heat related stress yet. Last year we lost two from the heat. It was 105 yesterday....no rain for 6 weeks. You have to imagine what the ground looks like. The trees near the dirt road are heat stressed. Leaves turning yellow. Interesting that the leaves are also covered with a layer of old dust. Not just new dust that lands from the dust kicked up from a passing car....but dust that has been on the leaves for a month....so kind of thick in areas with little spots, from maybe dew?
The sheep broke out yesterday, I don't blame them. They got out in the woods and ate leaves and stood around. If it had been cooler they would have gone out to the hay ground....but it was too hot for them to move out of the local woods.
Have a great weekend...and I hope lots of breeders get nice ribbons at the MFF....Have a good time up there in the north.

1 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Blogger Alaska Shetland Shepherd said...

I am sorry it is still too hot. Hopefully it is also too hot for kitty-kitty's also. My fingers crossed for you to have rain soon...time for me to send you ours this time!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home