Tuesday, October 31, 2006

moving sheep





We have some talented breeders. Ones who can work with their sheep and take photos at the same time. I can't do that. In fact lots of my sheep photos are missing heads and sometimes the whole sheep.
So although I had help taking pictures for this sheep moving spot, this is not a "training essay".
We had lots of rain....finally.
So I was watching for this to happen. The creeks started running. I even got ready for this event by moving my fencing panels out of the creek bed. So you can't see the fenced path the sheep used all summer to get to the meadow out back.
However, my old mind works too slowly sometimes....I forgot to move the sheep.
I had an hour before the creek was too high to stand in....but I never thought about moving ram lambs through to the other side.
So the next morning....after the creek went back down. Mostly.
I had to coax the ram lambs that were leaving for the sale.....down the side of the creek to the deeper water still running....and wade them through. I pulled a half dozen for the sale....mostly black. I actually had to go back for another one, because I found one of the spotted wonders had turned shaela. I had one last year but shipped him anyway. This year I am planning to over-winter a few. My husband, Pat, also got a nice photo of our great pyr, Angel.

2 Comments:

At 6:00 AM, Blogger Nancy K. said...

How nice of your thoughtful husband to help you out by taking pictures as your drug a struggling ram through the swamp.... Gotta love those men!

;-)

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Juliann said...

Hey Peeps, that is a great shot of you in the water with the ram lamb! Girl Power!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home