Thursday, February 28, 2008

spring

Spring around here means jonquils. Pretty yellow flowers lifting their heads to the sun.
Nope. Don't see any of those.
Spring around here means perfumed breezes full of witch-hazel blooms bursting in the sun.
Nope. Don't see any of that.
Spring here means flocks of high-flying geese, barking like dogs, they form arrows way up in the sky, all day the clouds come, all night they can be heard.
Yup. I'm seeing clouds of geese. The trick is to listen closely enough that you can finally see the arcs of flying formations before they are out of earshot.
Spring here is bouncing lambs, making me laugh at their joy for life.
Nope. Haven't seen any yet.
Soon....maybe.
Do you have any signs of spring there?
I hope so.

5 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger Pat Dolan said...

Yes, we have signs of spring in NJ - but then our seasons are tempered by the ocean... Huge flocks of robins are everywhere, especially joining many other species dining on our neighbor's cherry tree. I'd post a photo but my camera went back to the manufacturer for repairs. BooHoo.

We have geese year round and seldom have the cloud-darkening flocks you have. We used to see/hear them when we lived along the Susquehanna River. The geese seem to follow rivers more than coastal waters, as some other birds prefer.

I also just noticed a few of my yellow crocus sticking tiny bits of color out between the mulch.

Spring is springing, but we still have mounds of snow, too!

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

If you'd like to see some spring crocus, come on over to my blog! The daffodils aren't far behind....

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Alaska Shetland Shepherd said...

I'm ready for lambs too. Captain lambs, and Topple, and Barbados. I am witing for Cheesecake's momma to have her lambs too, they will be beautiful. Yes I am back, coming out of winter hibernation so it seems. Wishing you daffodils soon!

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Karen said...

No sign here, but perhaps in the next month. Post your new lamb pix as they arrive!

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Crosswinds Farm said...

Yesterday it was almost 70 degrees here, and I had a flock of robins hanging around my front yard........today the actual temp is 24 with a wind chill of 11 degrees....Iowa :0.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home